Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday 8/7 (12:10pm)

If you think reality television is safe from outsourcing, you are wrong.  It turns out that one of the Real World Portland stars is a former waitress from Arizona:

http://www.byronbeck.com/home/1175-real-world-portland-er-was-a-hooters-bartender-in-az.html

Outsourcing could explain why all of the Real World casts of the past always look and act so similar.  It turns out that being from the city where filming is taking place is not a prerequisite.  That in itself is not surprising but I'd be a lot more willing to watch if there was a hipster from SE Portland, a born-again Christian from Beaverton, and a exhibitionist from Gresham.  Isn't that a better recipe?

I haven't really watched a season of the show since Puck and Pedro, but if I recall, that house was full of people who were very different.  It might not make the next Real World-Road Rules Challenge all that exciting without all of the obligatory young, hot bodies, but it sure seems like it would make better television if there was more diversity among the cast members.

But then again, I can't believe so many people still watch, so I guess they figure why have high standards if they don't need to?

Meanwhile, at the house, this morning a male and female cast member were sleeping outside on an air mattress for all to see.  Mr. Never-Wears-A-Shirt woke up briefly, got back into character by immediately whipping off his shirt, before going back to sleep.  I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one because of the recent humidity.  Frankly, it was boring television, but that didn't stop the camera and mic guy from trying to make sleeping seem entertaining:

http://yfrog.com/g0zsospetfczpnmmthaqjexcz

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment