Sunday 8/12 (10:42 am)
"Bar Hopping with Real World PDX"
Those of you who were trying to follow the Real World Portland last night seemingly had an active night. After rumors that the cast might be at Dirty (no confirmation on that yet), they were spotted at Blitz Pearl once again (second time in three days) and Fez. So far both seem to be good places to be on active nights if you want to run into the 7 strangers.
I don't know much about what happened at Blitz, but a friend up mine got shoved by a party promoter at Fez when the Real World cast was coming in. I wasn't there, but two things: First, any of you who have known a "party promoter" will not be surprised that they got "handsy" with a bystander. Second, it's not like Kobe and LeBron were coming into the club. Did the guy really think Real World Portland was going to cement his legacy in the party promotion hall of fame?
On another note, you may have heard that some Portland-area bars have refused to sign waivers which would allow the cameras in. My intelligence gathering sources tell me that it is not as simple as these bars not wanting abrasive twenty somethings around. It has been explained to me that their refusal to sign had more to do with legal expectations. Allegedly, the main problem is that the bar gets no money and assumes responsibility for everything that might happen. It gets more complicated. If a brand that is shown in the bar (a branded poster, neon sign, etc.) notices they are on TV and they want to get paid royalties or initiate a lawsuit, allegedly the bar needs to assume responsibility. Furthermore, if a lawsuit was initiated, I am told they would have to take on the lawsuit in California by themselves. I guess some bars are willing to take this risk but some others clearly are not.
Finally, I was told on Twitter that a few cast members were seen inside a frozen yogurt truck. Her guess is that they may have been in training for a job there. I think Schmizza is still happening, but if it turns out a few of them are working somewhere else, rest assured that I will find out.
Thanks to all of my fellow spies in the field!
"Bar Hopping with Real World PDX"
Those of you who were trying to follow the Real World Portland last night seemingly had an active night. After rumors that the cast might be at Dirty (no confirmation on that yet), they were spotted at Blitz Pearl once again (second time in three days) and Fez. So far both seem to be good places to be on active nights if you want to run into the 7 strangers.
I don't know much about what happened at Blitz, but a friend up mine got shoved by a party promoter at Fez when the Real World cast was coming in. I wasn't there, but two things: First, any of you who have known a "party promoter" will not be surprised that they got "handsy" with a bystander. Second, it's not like Kobe and LeBron were coming into the club. Did the guy really think Real World Portland was going to cement his legacy in the party promotion hall of fame?
On another note, you may have heard that some Portland-area bars have refused to sign waivers which would allow the cameras in. My intelligence gathering sources tell me that it is not as simple as these bars not wanting abrasive twenty somethings around. It has been explained to me that their refusal to sign had more to do with legal expectations. Allegedly, the main problem is that the bar gets no money and assumes responsibility for everything that might happen. It gets more complicated. If a brand that is shown in the bar (a branded poster, neon sign, etc.) notices they are on TV and they want to get paid royalties or initiate a lawsuit, allegedly the bar needs to assume responsibility. Furthermore, if a lawsuit was initiated, I am told they would have to take on the lawsuit in California by themselves. I guess some bars are willing to take this risk but some others clearly are not.
Finally, I was told on Twitter that a few cast members were seen inside a frozen yogurt truck. Her guess is that they may have been in training for a job there. I think Schmizza is still happening, but if it turns out a few of them are working somewhere else, rest assured that I will find out.
Thanks to all of my fellow spies in the field!
Word is that the production company isn't garnering favor in the neighborhood. Apparently they are completely self-contained and not using any local resources. Doesn't sit well with some merchants and service providers. That may play into the "shunning" as well.
ReplyDelete