Friday, August 3, 2012


Friday 8/3 (3pm)

Just a few flare-ups.  Every one on my side of the building can see directly onto the deck.  I am definitely not the only one peeping.  The Real World gang was waving at a fellow peeping Tom, but thankfully my situation was not compromised.  But if they find me, I could end up on TV, so I'll have to weigh my options.

During the few smoke breaks I have witnessed, this looks like the normal cast that MTV goes for in most of their shows.  The ladies of the house have that skinny white girl shape and the guys look like they could have been on "The Grind" in 1995.  Basically, they are going to be spending a lot of time at Dirty and The Dixie.  I guess I was expecting more tattoos and weirdos since this is Portland.  I think more of us would watch it if they put a bunch of people that have no business living together.  You could put the show in East Oakland and they'd still find that 2:1 white to "ethnic" ratio.  Where are the Portland stereotypes?  Haven't seen them yet.

This whole thing is weird.  I get updates from the Oregon State English Department journal saying that so-and-so has published a story in a certain journal, another guy is teaching in India, and yet another works for the Huffington Post.  Can't help but be embarrassed that if I sent in an entry it would say: "Chris Mathews started a blog about the Real World Portland."  Shamefully, it's the most "literary" thing I've done in some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment