Sunday 8/19 (11:56am)
The weekend had its share of Real World Portland spottings, along with a lot of waiting around. But first this: On Friday I was informed that my complete guess about why camera crews had shut down the streets in the Pearl on Thursday was way off base according to someone who works in the house. Apparently the "AD wanted exterior window shots of [a] secret talk Jessica and Kayla were supposed to have." First - there is no way that this is the reason why they needed cops to shut down the streets. Second - looks like that talk wasn't much of a secret. Third- this guy may have been lying to me to make me look ridiculous. I'm an adult spying on the Real World - I don't need any help looking like an idiot. Finally, we may have just found out the name of the third of the four girls.
Not a whole lot happened Friday night as the cast was still hanging out on their roof until after 11pm. That being said, I did get some decent shots (with my cell phone) of a group of people standing out front of the house conversing with Real World PDX trying to determine their next move:
I have to give Real World PDX some points for being friendly. Here are a couple of videos I shot as well. You can see a lot of people milling around waiting for them to make a decision. You also can see the camera man will go to any lengths to get these shots (he's standing on the ledge in front of the lime-green umbrella):
The crowd outside the house was roughly the size of the crowd that would show up to a Romney-Ryan campaign event in San Francisco's Castro District. It was about the size of the Oregon audience that watches a Seahawks' game. But still, for Real World Portland it was a good crowd and shows that a lot of people still care about the show.
When the cast did go out, I was told they went to Splash Bar and Gypsy (NW 21st). I was also told on Twitter by a person that hung out with them that the brown-haired male cast member was a former wrestler at the University of Oklahoma and was a very nice guy. Still don't have a name for the other two guys and one of the girls, but I'm sure someone will figure it out.
As for Saturday, it seems like the cast had an active night. In a complete shocker, Real World PDX went to Splash Bar again. There must be something magical about it. I must go. Then I was told the crew went to Blitz 21 for a time, before heading down to Aura for its last night being open - ever. Devastating news. It's just one thing after another in this recession. Please pour out an overpriced Vodka-Cran for Aura when you get the chance.
As for as the cast's Aura experience, it was very brief. Allegedly, they only stayed for a half hour, and some people at the bar asked if Real World PDX could be removed. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but maybe the staff at Aura didn't want a bunch of drunk idiots ruining its last night ever as a bar (now would be a good time to Google "irony"). Some things are just too important to have tainted.
What a weekend it was. Keep those updates coming and I will do my best to get them out there.
The weekend had its share of Real World Portland spottings, along with a lot of waiting around. But first this: On Friday I was informed that my complete guess about why camera crews had shut down the streets in the Pearl on Thursday was way off base according to someone who works in the house. Apparently the "AD wanted exterior window shots of [a] secret talk Jessica and Kayla were supposed to have." First - there is no way that this is the reason why they needed cops to shut down the streets. Second - looks like that talk wasn't much of a secret. Third- this guy may have been lying to me to make me look ridiculous. I'm an adult spying on the Real World - I don't need any help looking like an idiot. Finally, we may have just found out the name of the third of the four girls.
Not a whole lot happened Friday night as the cast was still hanging out on their roof until after 11pm. That being said, I did get some decent shots (with my cell phone) of a group of people standing out front of the house conversing with Real World PDX trying to determine their next move:
I have to give Real World PDX some points for being friendly. Here are a couple of videos I shot as well. You can see a lot of people milling around waiting for them to make a decision. You also can see the camera man will go to any lengths to get these shots (he's standing on the ledge in front of the lime-green umbrella):
The crowd outside the house was roughly the size of the crowd that would show up to a Romney-Ryan campaign event in San Francisco's Castro District. It was about the size of the Oregon audience that watches a Seahawks' game. But still, for Real World Portland it was a good crowd and shows that a lot of people still care about the show.
When the cast did go out, I was told they went to Splash Bar and Gypsy (NW 21st). I was also told on Twitter by a person that hung out with them that the brown-haired male cast member was a former wrestler at the University of Oklahoma and was a very nice guy. Still don't have a name for the other two guys and one of the girls, but I'm sure someone will figure it out.
As for Saturday, it seems like the cast had an active night. In a complete shocker, Real World PDX went to Splash Bar again. There must be something magical about it. I must go. Then I was told the crew went to Blitz 21 for a time, before heading down to Aura for its last night being open - ever. Devastating news. It's just one thing after another in this recession. Please pour out an overpriced Vodka-Cran for Aura when you get the chance.
As for as the cast's Aura experience, it was very brief. Allegedly, they only stayed for a half hour, and some people at the bar asked if Real World PDX could be removed. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but maybe the staff at Aura didn't want a bunch of drunk idiots ruining its last night ever as a bar (now would be a good time to Google "irony"). Some things are just too important to have tainted.
What a weekend it was. Keep those updates coming and I will do my best to get them out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment