Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday 8/5 (1:43pm)

The first critical development is we think the dog's name is Daisy.  We overhead one of the girls saying "Oh, look at Daisy!" so unless Daisy is the girl that was way more dressed up than the others last night, it has to be the dog.

The gang was supposed to head to the Fez Ballroom and Lounge in Portland last night.  If their website is to be believed, "Fez Saturdays is Portland's sexiest all up tempo dance venue."  I was actually there briefly to drop off a friend on my way home last night, and I can't vouch for this fully.  It's a bold claim, but from my memories as a young single guy, these places are rarely sexy.  Regardless, there were a lot of 21-25 year-olds hanging out in the very long line, meaning it must have been awesome inside.  I overheard one of the girls in line saying a friend of theirs had been denied by the Real World Portland because they prefer people who are 21-24.  And why wouldn't they?  If you want to see someone act like a drunk baby on TV, you've chosen the right age group.

When I got home last night (around 12:30am), the cast was still hanging out on the deck, clearly bonding over all of the shared heartaches that they have all dealt with as 21 year-olds.  It's got to be tough.  The camera men were dramatically shifting around in this clearly crucial conversation about US intervention in Syria, or at least a stern conversation about the financial state of Greece.  Whatever the case was, my wife assures me that this in-depth conversation had been going on for hours when I got home.  It's possible that this group of Real World folks may not be that awful.  They haven't acted like a-holes thus far, and none of them seem to be as terrible as they could be.

The only "dramatic" moment I've witnessed was Friday night when the group was walking down the street to go out for the night.  A group of dudes watched them walk by.  One of these guys mockingly yelled "It's the Jersey Shore bro!"  A punch would have been great, but they walked by incident free.

I don't think I can write about this every day, so if I post a few things about the Olympics, please bear with me.  But if you can't get enough of me spying on the Real World, don't worry, if anything crazy happens, I'll be here.




No comments:

Post a Comment