Monday, September 3, 2012

"Last Week of Summer for Real World PDX" Mon, Sept. 3 (4:05)

The beginning of this past week was fairly boring when it comes to spying on the Real World, but they somewhat made up for it at the end. Just because the early part of the weekend was a little boring, that didn't stop the cast from leaving a bunch of crap behind each night:

I'm wondering how critical the masking tape was.

Planning on making out with a cast member? It's gonna taste like ash.

So much for Real World PDX being eco-friendly. But it does look like they had "Fourth Meal."

Everyone needs a blanket made by Hopi indians.

After a quiet Monday and Tuesday, the Real World Portland cast left for an overnight snowboarding trip on Wednesday. Here are some solid photos from their snowboarding trip.

They returned home Thursday in this:


Nothing classes up a neighborhood quite like a weird ass RV.  I hope those puppets (Danny and The Dingo) showed them a good time.

On Friday night, the cast went to Henry's in the Pearl after work. I think they are working at the PSU Pizza Schmizza because they have not been spotted at the Pearl location recently. There were many onlookers who took photos, but the best were done on Twitter by @realworldpdx. By the way, don't talk trash to him on Twitter. He isn't affiliated with Real World Portland. He's just a spy like me.  Anyway, here are his pictures: picture 1, picture 2, picture 3.

Photo 3 is obviously the most interesting. Not sure from the picture which 2 those are, but if you are looking for some unsubstantiated rumors, maybe take a look at this new entry into the Real World Portland spying contest on Twitter.

On Saturday, they spent some time at Pizza Schmizza (I'm assuming the PSU one). Here's another photo from someone on Twitter.

On Sunday, it was a very busy at the "Art in the Pearl Fine Arts & Craft Festival," so the Real World 7 wisely stayed home. After all, most people on MTV are allergic to any kind of culture. In their defense, I walked around in the neighborhood a lot that day and the yuppies were out in full force, so the cast didn't miss anything. I did witness some fabulous camera work though while the cast was hanging out on their deck. I tweeted these exact photos yesterday but here's a repeat:

The camera guys were having an off day filming a seemingly dull conversation, but when life gives you lemons . . .

Oh snap! Camera man moved to the other side to get a better angle of people sitting around.

Now he's kneeling! I take it back. Camera guy brought his A game!
Then last night, Real World Portland capped off their Labor Day Weekend with a trip to Splash Bar. Here's yet another photo from someone on Twitter. When it comes to Real World Portland and their love affair with Splash Bar, as Ron Burgundy would say, "We've been going to the same party for 10 years. And in no way is that depressing." They apparently also made a second Sunday night appearance at Dante's. Hard to blame them.

Final tidbits. The African-American fellow is named Marlin, not Merlin (damnit!). And it does appear that the girl I posted about last Monday did officially replace a member of the Real World Portland cast.

I'll keep an eye out for more drama and get back to you when there is something worth writing. Thanks again to all of the reporters in the field.






No comments:

Post a Comment